I know, I know. I keep talking about online local review sites, but here’s why.
- They’re free advertising for you.
- They are what people are using to help make travel decisions these days.
- They give you an opportunity to turn satisfied customers into loyal returning customers.
- They give you an opportunity to address dissatisfied customers’ problems before they tell a zillion people about what they hated. And by doing that in public, you show readers how focused you are on customer satisfaction.
- The constant reminder that your customers are watching how you do business will make you a better business person.
- It takes about 10 to 15 minutes per site to set up, and then your customers will be helping you do your marketing.
- Listings will enhance your search ranking on Yahoo, Google and Bing.
- Links on your listings will direct traffic to your website.
- It’s easy to do.
- It’s satisfying. You know that you’re doing something that will have direct benefit for your business.
Here are some places your customers might be using.
Check, update or claim your listings. Keep a record of where you’re listed and check back to sites that don’t alert you when a review is posted. Most of the free listings don’t.
Ask your satisfied customers to put in a good word for you at one of the sites where you’re listed.
When you start seeing those positive reviews, quote them on your homepage and provide a link to the full review.
City Search You’ll need to search for your business here, and if you don’t find it, there will be a link for setting it up, or a link for you to “claim” it as the business owner.
Yellowbot Again, search for your business and either create or claim.
Do you know of any other valuable review sites?