- I know I should be on the internet but where do I start?
- I’m on the internet. I’ve spend buckets of money, but is it really worth it?.
- I have a business to run! Who has the time for social media??
There is lots of help out there – webmasters to build sites, marketers to set you up with a Facebook page, and teach you how to run it, or even do it for you.
The piece that seems to be missing is a comprehensive training that starts before you even turn your computer on.
- A training that integrates all that you already know about marketing – you’ve been in business for a while, for heaven sakes!
- A training that gives you the skills to make good marketing decisions in the age of engagement marketing, and continue to know exactly what you should be doing when the next new thing pops up, enticing you to “try me! Try me!”
As many of you have figured out if you’ve read my blog for any length of time, I’m a teacher. I started years ago in public elementary school, moved to parent education and then into marketing and educating small business owners in rural communities.
I’ve designed a six-hour workshop to help small business owners answer those three questions, “Making the Internet Work for You, Your Business and Your Town.”
I’ll be giving this workshop in February in Siskiyou County, California sponsored by the Dunsmuir Chamber of Commerce.
In late April I’ll be giving it in seven locations in Arkansas, sponsored by the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center.
The goals for the 6 hours are lofty. Participants will:
- Have a better understanding of their town’s value as a rural tourism destination.
- Know exactly who their customer is for their town and business, and know how to use that information to build online relationships with that customer that will lead to sales and visitors.
- Know how marketing on the internet works
- Know the components of an effective website, their internet homebase.
- Know the value and marketing potential for a variety of internet outposts such as review sites, directories, Facebook and Twitter.
And there is a nuts and bolts component as well.
- Participants will leave the workshop knowing exactly how to interview and hire a webmaster they can afford.
- They will have a complete website planning tool for overhauling their existing website or creating a new one.
- They will understand how to dive into social media, becoming skilled at one platform before moving on to another.
- They will feel confident enough about internet marketing to welcome this amazing free opportunity to reach new customers and build strong connections with existing customers.
They will be ready to jump onto the amazing internet marketing roller coaster and enjoy the ride!
If you live in Arkansas or far northern California, join us.
If you’d like for your chamber of regional economic development organization to sponsor a workshop in your area, have them contact me.
For Arkansas workshop information contact:Shannon Roberts | Training Manager Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center University of Arkansas at Little Rock | College of Business
To register for the workshop in Southern Siskiyou County on February 7th and 9th from 6pm to 9pm:Dunsmuir Chamber of Commerce 530-235-2177 firstname.lastname@example.org