Joanne Steele, Owner and CEORural Tourism Marketing Group 5304 Dunsmuir Ave. Dunsmuir, CA 96025 firstname.lastname@example.org 530-235-4404
“Mrs. Steele’s depth of knowledge of the assets and special needs of rural regions help me to craft a plan that lead to our establishing a new Rural Tourism Manager position at the state level. Her knowledge of the tourism industry, innovative ideas for partnering to maximize small budgets and insight into how a new state position could help all of Califonria’s rural regions moved me to action.”
Caroline Beteta, Executive Director
California Travel and Tourism Commission
Joanne has spent the past 17 years helping small locally-owned and rural tourism businesses and rural communities develop clear, targeted and effective internet marketing programs. Her workshops, trainings and presentations are lively, informative and results based.
Her innovative marketing systems address the special needs and concerns of rural communities committed to developing a sustainable tourism economy for their area and the time and budget constraints of rural small business owners.
- Presented at conferences in the United States and Canada including the 2010 Rural Tourism Conference in British Columbia, Canada, Center for Rural Affairs MarketPlace 2012 keynote, California Association of Microenterprise Opportunity 2012, California Rural Tourism Conference 2002.
- In 2013 and 2014, conducted internet marketing strategic planning workshops for start-up and established businesses for the North Coast California Small Business Development Center.
- In 2011, trained hundreds of small business and rural tourism business owners throughout the southern United States in simple and doable internet marketing strategies to grow their businesses.
- Developed an online training program for rural businesses called Take Control of Your Internet Marketing that allows small local business owners worldwide to create and manage an effective internet marketing strategy, working at their own pace. The Take Control system is now available free to the public.
- Spearheaded, along with the local resource conservation development organization and 20 byway communities, the 6 year process to achieve National Scenic Byway status for the 500 mile long, Volcanic Legacy All-American Road.
- Director of Tourism for Siskiyou County, California, 1999-2009
- Worked, along with associate, Diane Strachan of Positive Futures, and Jefferson Economic Development Institute on the creation of the innovative Stewardship Tourism Project, which creates partnerships among visitors and local businesses to fund sustainable tourism projects in local communities.
- Maintained an email newsletter to provide hundreds of businesses with the latest information regarding media and Internet marketing.